What to expect from Cape Vélo Gravel Tours
- Private Gravel Tour Guide with a certified South African tourist guide qualification and extensive local and international riding experience
- Lunch and drink at a scenic farm restaurant or similar
- Reserve entrance fees and trail permits where required
Our tours are aimed at intermediate to advanced cyclists who have a good to high level of fitness and health. You may be a seasoned graveller, or an advanced road cyclist or mountain biker wanting to experiment with gravel. Either way, our gravel tours are just for you!
At minimum, you should be comfortable with cycling up to 70km, which is the average distance required on any of the road tours listed in this itinerary.
Should you have any existing medical condition that may affect your ability to cycle the full distance, please ensure that you notify Cape Vélo beforehand so that we may adjust the tour accordingly
- Wear appropriate cycling kit and something warm as the weather can be quite changeable!
- Wear cycling shoes – for bike rentals we supply SPDSL or Look Keo pedals
- Bring high factor sunscreen
- We’ll provide water bottles, but you’re welcome to bring a hydration pack or small backpack for camera, rain jacket and any additional energy snacks.
- Come prepared each day for lots of sweat, smiles and spectacular scenery!