Stellenbosch Mountain on Gravel
Departing from Cape Vélo’s very own coffeeshop and bike cafe, Coffeeworks at Specialized Stellenbosch, this gravel adventure around Stellenbosch Mountain on a Specialized Diverge Carbon Comp Gravel bike delivers on so many levels: dirt, incline, technical ability, breathtaking scenery. It’s a tour that Stellenbosch locals dreams of on their days off and incorporates gravel routes around the areas of Mont Marie, Eden and Coetzenberg and Jonkershoek Nature Reserve.
Average distance: 40 – 65 km
STELLENBOSCH MOUNTAIN ON GRAVEL HIGHLIGHTS
• Grinding your way across towards Jonkershoek.
• Spectacular views of Stellenbosch and the surrounding Winelands’ valleys
• Catching ‘that’ totally unblocked view of Table Mountain from Jonkershoek
How to book
• SA Accredited Tour Guide with heaps of local and international cycling experience
• All MTB trail permits
• Light lunch at a scenic farm restaurant (or similar) and soft drink
• Water bottles for the ride
• Transfers between Stellenbosch accommodation and start/end of ride.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• Gravel bike hire (please let us know if you’d like to rent a Specialized Diverge Carbon Comp Gravel Bike + helmet from us for the tour)
• Alcoholic drinks
• Energy snacks (snacks will be available to buy before you begin the tour – just ask your tour guide before you head off)