Boschendal Wine Estate
Boschendal is one of the oldest farms in South Africa and is a wine and food destination in its own right. There are five marked Boschendal mountain bike routes that range from easy to advanced in terms of skill level, offering plenty of fast, technical single track and downhill forested sections in a dramatic mountain setting.
Expected elevation gain: 800m
Average distance: 30 – 40 km
A lazy, late lunch at Boschendal’s Deli will give you a chance to catch your breath, enjoy the shade of the oak trees and explore the exquisite vegetable and rose gardens that surround the original Cape Dutch homestead.
• Shooting 3.7km downhill on the black ‘Inferno’ single track – worth the climbing!
• The Orchards skills track with its sweeping berms, camel backs, table tops and gap jumps
How to book
• SA Accredited Tour Guide with heaps of local and international cycling experience
• All MTB trail permits
• Light lunch at a scenic farm restaurant (or similar) and soft drink
• Water bottles for the ride
• Transfers between Stellenbosch accommodation and start/end of ride.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• MTB bike hire (please let us know if you’d like to rent a full suspension mountain bike + helmet from us for the tour)
• Alcoholic drinks
• Energy snacks (snacks will be available to buy before you begin the tour – just ask your tour guide before you head off)