What to expect from our Cape Vélo MTB Tours
- Private MTB Tour Guide with a certified South African tourist guide qualification and extensive local and international riding experience
- Lunch and drink at a scenic farm restaurant or similar
- Reserve entrance fees and trail permits where required
Our tours are aimed at intermediate to advanced mountain bikers who have a good to high level of fitness and health. Equally, if you’re an advanced road cyclist wanting to swap tarmac for dirt, we’d also love to show you around!
At minimum, you should be comfortable riding up and down single track.
Should you have any existing medical condition that may affect your ability to cycle the full distance, please ensure that you notify Cape Vélo beforehand so that we may adjust the tour accordingly.
- Wear appropriate cycling kit and something warm as the weather can be quite changeable!
- Wear cycling shoes – for bike rentals we supply SPDSL or Look Keo pedals
- Bring high factor sunscreen
- We’ll provide water bottles, but you’re welcome to bring a hydration pack or small backpack for camera, rain jacket and any additional energy snacks.
- Come prepared each day for lots of sweat, smiles and spectacular scenery!