Oak Valley Elgin
Oak Valley plays host to major mountain bike events such as the Cape Epic and Wines2Whales; it offers mountain bikers a variety of well-maintained routes, including single track, bridges over farm fences and loads of switchbacks through pine and oak forests, apple and pear orchards. Riders pass through beautiful natural scenery set against a stunning mountainous backdrop.
Expected elevation gain: 4,000 ft
Average distance: 30 – 50km
OAK VALLEY HIGHLIGHTS
• The swoops and flows of Fountain of Youth and Raging Baboon sections
How to book
• SA Accredited Tour Guide with heaps of local and international cycling experience
• All MTB trail permits
• Light lunch at a scenic farm restaurant (or similar) and soft drink
• Water bottles for the ride
• Transfers between Stellenbosch accommodation and the farming town of Grabouw (45 mins), where the ride takes place.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• MTB bike hire (please let us know if you’d like to rent a full suspension mountain bike + helmet from us for the tour)
• Alcoholic drinks
• Energy snacks (snacks will be available to buy before you begin the tour – just ask your tour guide before you head off)