Simonsberg MTB Trail Network
After suffering devastation from wildfire at the beginning of 2016, the re-built mountain bike trails within the Simonsberg MTB Trail Network offer beginner and intermediate riders a wealth of single track through the indigenous fynbos and vineyards of wine estates of Muratie, Delheim and Uitkyk, just a few kilometres from Stellenbosch town centre.
Expected elevation gain: 2,050 ft
After a challenging day in the saddle, we’re always game for a quick stop at our friends at neighbouring Remhoogte Wine Estate to try some of their award-winning red wines and signature “Honeybunch” Chenin Blanc.
SIMONSBERG MTB TRAIL NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS
• Bomb into the Uitkyk Bush tunnel and loop onto the Uitkyk View Trail for unparalleled views across the conservancy.
How to book
• SA Accredited Tour Guide with heaps of local and international cycling experience
• All MTB trail permits
• Light lunch at a scenic farm restaurant (or similar) and soft drink
• Water bottles for the ride
• Transfers between Stellenbosch accommodation and start/end of ride.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• MTB bike hire (please let us know if you’d like to rent a full suspension mountain bike + helmet from us for the tour)
• Alcoholic drinks
• Energy snacks (snacks will be available to buy before you begin the tour – just ask your tour guide before you head off)