Spice Route Gravel Grinder
The Stellenbosch Spice Route Gravel Grinder takes you on a circular loop of undulating roads from Stellenbosch to the scenic Spice Route. We’ll stop here to rest our legs and enjoy the majestic views of the Simonsberg and surrounding winelands valley over lunch, before making our way back to Stellenbosch via the beautiful farm estate of Boschendal in the Drakenstein Valley.
Average distance: 85 km
SPICE ROUTE GRAVEL GRINDER HIGHLIGHTS
• Views of Table Mountain and Table Bay in the distance
• Getting up close and personal with local wildlife en route
• Putting your feet up with a cold beverage at lunch, with uninterrupted views of the majestic Simonsberg mountain range
How to book
• SA Accredited Tour Guide with heaps of local and international cycling experience
• All trail permits (where required)
• Light lunch at a scenic farm restaurant (or similar) and soft drink
• Water bottles for the ride
• Transfers between Stellenbosch accommodation and start/end of ride.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• Gravel bike hire (please let us know if you’d like to rent a Specialized Diverge Carbon Comp gravel bike + helmet from us for the tour)
• Alcoholic drinks
• Energy snacks (snacks will be available to buy before you begin the tour – just ask your tour guide before you head off)
WANT ADDITIONAL SUPPORT?
Although not a requirement, we would highly recommend booking a support vehicle and driver guide to accompany your tour, carrying bike supplies, energy snacks and additional water. The vehicle will drive at a safe following distance behind you, with a high visibility banner to warn motor vehicles to stay wide, ensuring greater safety for cyclists.