The Cape Winelands
If you fancy riding from one Cape wine capital, Stellenbosch, to another, Franschhoek, and covering two of the five famous Cape passes in one day, Helshoogte and Franschhoek Pass, then the Cape Winelands Road Cycle Tour is the day tour for you. Need we mention the luxurious lunch on a picturesque wine farm in the Drakenstein Valley?
Expected elevation gain: 5,425 ft
Average distance: 60 – 100 kms
Following a popular route with local cyclists, the Cape Winelands tour offers some impressive climbs and exhilarating downhill as a great reward. Franschhoek is a vibrant food and wine hub, home to several world-class restaurants, art galleries and wineries.
How to book
• SA Accredited Tour Guide with heaps of local and international cycling experience
• Light lunch at a scenic farm restaurant (or similar) and soft drink
• Water bottles for the ride
• Transfers between Stellenbosch accommodation and start/end of ride.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• Road bike hire (please let us know if you’d like to rent a carbon road bike + helmet from us for the tour)
• Alcoholic drinks
• Energy snacks (snacks will be available to buy before you begin the tour – just ask your tour guide before you head off)
WANT ADDITIONAL SUPPORT?
Although not a requirement, we would recommend booking a support vehicle and driver guide to accompany your tour, carrying bike supplies, energy snacks and additional water. The vehicle will drive at a safe following distance behind you, with a high visibility banner to warn motor vehicles to stay wide, ensuring greater safety for cyclists. A cost of R1,500 (flat rate) will be added to your tour for this service, for group size of 1-5 persons.