Round the Cape Peninsula
The iconic Cape of Good Hope needs no introduction. Cape Vélo’s Cape Peninsula Cycle Tour takes you on a road of sensational natural beauty that winds gracefully from the cold beaches of Table Bay to the warmer seas of False Bay via the spectacular Chapman’s Peak Drive. Don’t be surprised if you bump into some of Table Mountain’s resident wildlife – Cape baboons, African penguins and the elephant’s closest relative, the dassie – along the way.
Expected elevation gain: 1,200m
Average distance: 60 – 100 km
CAPE PENINSULA CYCLE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
The view of Dungeon’s Surf Spot, Hout Bay and the back of Table Mountain from Chapman’s Peak Drive!
How to book
• SA Accredited Tour Guide with heaps of local and international cycling experience
• Light lunch at a scenic farm restaurant (or similar) and soft drink
• Water bottles for the ride
• Transfers between Cape Town accommodation and start/end of ride.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• Road bike hire (please let us know if you’d like to rent a carbon road bike + helmet from us for the tour)
• Alcoholic drinks
• Energy snacks (snacks will be available to buy before you begin the tour – just ask your tour guide before you head off)