False Bay – Clarence Drive
One of the most scenic passes in the Cape, the False Bay Road Cycle Tour takes you along the breathtaking coastal route of Clarence Drive and passes some of the Cape’s top surfing spots and deserted beaches along the way. Depending on your preferred distance, you’ll start from naval town, Gordon’s Bay and wind your way past Rooi-Els, Pringle Bay until you reach Betty’s Bay, which is home to our second largest African penguin colony in the Cape.
Expected elevation gain: 3,000 ft
Average distance: 80 – 100 km
FALSE BAY ROAD CYCLE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Looking back over False Bay (same distance as the English Channel)
- Riding so close to the water you can almost touch it!
- Front Row Southern Right Whale spotting for free! (June – Dec)
How to book
• SA Accredited Tour Guide with heaps of local and international cycling experience
• Light lunch at a scenic farm restaurant (or similar) and soft drink
• Water bottles for the ride
• Transfers between Stellenbosch accommodation and start/end of ride.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• Road bike hire (please let us know if you’d like to rent a carbon road bike + helmet from us for the tour)
• Alcoholic drinks
• Energy snacks (snacks will be available to buy before you begin the tour – just ask your tour guide before you head off)
WANT ADDITIONAL SUPPORT?
Although not a requirement, we would recommend booking a support vehicle and driver guide to accompany your tour, carrying bike supplies, energy snacks and additional water. The vehicle will drive at a safe following distance behind you, with a high visibility banner to warn motor vehicles to stay wide, ensuring greater safety for cyclists. A cost of R1,500 (flat rate) will be added to your tour for this service, for group size of 1-5 persons.